Letter 4 "Prospero año nuevo!!"

Missionary Training Center (MTC)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
January 6th 2011


Hello my lovely lovely lovely people I called my family!

I MISS YOU!!! but can I just tell you how much I love being a missionary...I do :) and here is why this week

New Year!
the New year fireworks are even bigger than the Christmas fireworks! this time I did not get to sleep before they started and they were so loud that it set car alarms off in the parking lot...twice!

but it was all good because we got to take part is some of the festivities...the next morning we did another service project...cleaning the streets of the debris! it was fabulous...I know that sounds slightly sarcastic, but I'm actually not.

it was way fun, even more so this time cause we went with our Latin companions...mine is Hermana Zamora, she is so sweet, doesn't speak a word of English, but we have fun together anyway ;) while cleaning one portion I actually found at the base of a tree about 150 caterpillars...they were black with red bulbs on their noses...i was informed that they were poisonous...so i didn't keep one even though i wanted to...AND we aren't allowed to bring cameras, so i wasn't even able to get a picture :( but at least i got to see my first exotic bug!!! muah ha ha!

Teaching
here at the Guatemala CCM we actually get a whole lot more teaching opportunities...Hna Otto and I have four progressing 'investigators' and it is way fun because it gives us a taste of what it will be like to teach more than one person during a time period...i don{t like planning for lessons, but I LOVE giving them! i love teaching the Gospel!

its so awesome and simple and powerful! two of our 'investigators' already have a 'baptismal' date and we are hoping to get another one this week. one of our 'investigators', Gabriel needs some work, he refuses to read the book of Mormon and has actually burned one in the past...but hes listening to us, so he has to be somewhat ready to hear...right? hahah....best part!!!

yesterday we actually left the CCM and made our way down to the city central park area, i was paired with a Latina companion, Hna. Ordoñez, and we contacted...FOR REAL!!! couldn't experience that in the Provo MTC! because i only understand a third of what comes out of peoples mouths here I would start the contact, introduce us and our names and then start with a message about how God loves us, or we have prophets, or something like that, and then when they would answer a question I asked, if I understood them great, which didn't happen most of the time, but when I didn't understand them I would look at Hna Ordoñez with wide eyes and she would take over until the end when I would bear testimony again before we went our separate ways...it was fun!

i can't wait until i actually understand what they say! it will be awesome!...i was followed by this drunk man...at one point he interrupted us talking to a man and started giving his testimony of God...i think...he interrupted a few times, but later when we were on the other side of the park, he found me, tapped me on the shoulder and gave me his testimony again, i said i agreed with him and gave him a brief testimony, but i don{t think he understood me...then another guy,,,i didn't understand him at all, but we ended up praying with him at one point...it was so awesome! it actually felt like i was a real missionary, and not just playing at one! :)

FUN!
this week...we had fun in our district...at one point we were deciding what animal everyone looked like...mine was the best...and Danita, i thought of you and i will have you know that I had nothing to do with this answer...they decided at first that my face looked like a dinosaur! and then it got better, i look specifically like a Triceritops! what do you think? everyone in the district agreed too! i look like Sara from the Land before Time... hmm...

Other fun! I LOVE THE HERMANAS HERE!!!!! that{s pretty much all i have time to write about that...but I{ll send a real letter this week....

Spiritual Thought-scripture study
Matt 11:28-30
Preach My Gospel Ch. 3 Lesson 3
D&C 45:3-5

Read these in succession...at the end think about it. Christ invites us to relieve ourselves of our burden, and to take 'his yoke' upon us, but what is his yoke?

PMG 3,3 this is his yoke...but why, why take his yoke upon us...D&C 45:3-5...imagine yourself at judgment. when we stand before god to be judged, having a perfect knowledge of how much we don{t deserve everything and then Christ steps in. All we have to do is live this life his way, or as close as we can...that's why this Gospel is so important right here...right now!

this is why the atonement means so much, yeah we can be happy here on Earth, but why we are here we could also get distracted with a lot of things that only bring instant happiness, the moment its really for is that moment in front of God...that's why. its so amazing!

I've always had a hard time really appreciating the atonement, but when i think of it this way, i am so grateful! i love it! its so beautiful! I am so glad I{m out here.. i love you all and have again run out of time...but i do have time to really write...so real letter it is...you'll get them in a couple weeks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment