Letter 26: "About the dark side of the mission" (Welcome to my mind. Unedited.)

Sonsonate, El Salvador
August 15, 2011

Time
I've been out seven months last week...WHERE IS THE TIME GOING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!I'm living every moment and having lots and lots of experiences so I don't feel anything regretful about it, but time is moving so, soooo fast.

It's hard to believe 2011 is more than halfway over!!!!

I decided when I graduated high school I needed to have a highlight of every year. Something that I worked for, and lived for, and experienced.

I have to say the mission is the best highlight I have ever had!!!! And I am so excited that I still have a little less than a year left! Really, sure is hard.

Some days are too hard for me, and those are the days that I live by the strength of the spirit of God (some of those days become the best days) ...

The experiences here you really could never experience anywhere else. Where else could I become friends with a 55 year old man who drinks too much and can't give up the ladies? Or a previous assassin? Or become part of so many different families lives in a country that is not my own, in a language that is not my own. I LOVE IT!

I have about 6 months to be here in Sensunapan and I will be soooooooo sad when I leave right now we are teaching more families than ever.

Teaching Families
Families are a lot harder to teach because you want to teach everyone together and it takes a lot longer for families to progress.

However, all of the families we are teaching are positive. Families that I really think will be able to progress, mostly because I know for a fact that all of the families we have found, we have found by the spirit.

It would be nice if all of the people we find, we would find by the spirit, but unfortuanately that is not the case... I think!

I don't remember if I told this story before but about two weeks ago we were not having much luck finding new investigators and so one day we were praying to find four new investigators and a family.

We were contacting and contacting in a really hard passageway (One lady lectured us for 15 minutes about how la Luz del Mundo (Light of the World) is the correct church and she would listen to us if we came to her church...

Side note secret desire: When I get home I want to visit the Catholic Church and talk to the Jehovas witnesses, I think studying the doctrine of these two churches before my mission would have helped me A LOT!)

Out of the blue, we knocked on a door and the girl who answered invited us in without even asking who we were.

The entire family came into the living room and sat to listen to us. The family consists of Mirna (mom) Jose David (dad) Patricia (daughter) Jose David (son) and they are interested...
They are not golden-golden investigators, but they like to listen to us and are willing to learn.

They were truly an answer to our prayers. The Monge Family is Poderosa!! (Strong) They told us that they couldn't come to church last week but they are definately coming to church this week.

And better yet, he is a chef who loves more than anything to cook mediterranian food! The first visit we talked for like a half and hour about restaurants and greek food!!!

We are being led. And I love it. Even though our fruits are small at the moment there will come a time in Sensunapan in the near future that we are going to see the fruit of our labors.

Unfortunately it will probably be the transfer after I leave :) but its okay, in John 4:34-38 there are some sowers and some reapers and we all rejoice together.

I'm thinking I am going to start putting all my investigators in white shirts and take pictures with them... just in case... what do you think? :)

I love you all, today is a good day! Actually, Mondays usually are good days, which means you all get to hear about the bright side of the mission and nothing about the dark side... well... not the dark side, there isn't a dark side... But you know what I mean...

Sorry my letters are so messy... no time to correct them...welcome to my mind. Unedited.

have a great week! i know i will!

No comments:

Post a Comment