Letter 6: "A real missionary!"

Missionary Training Center (MTC)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
January 26, 2011

12 days until I'm a real missionary!!!!!!! Just so you know :)

So this week has been hectic and awesome with its ups and downs :) as always! mostly ups though and that's what i love!

Random things
  • So last week I wrote about our crazy day in the world, this week its back to normal. We got a new bunch of Latinos and North-Americans... I really like this group. we are a whole lot more focused, last group was really goofy and fun, which was nice because you could joke around with everyone, and I loved that, but it's also really nice that everyone this time is focused and here to work. And they really help us with our Spanish.
  • A few days ago a couple elders passed Hna Otto and I and asked "Why are there so many churches in the world today?" And pretty much we ended up teaching them the first lesson and were 15 minutes late for class!
  • The other day during MDT,Missionary Directed Time, ( TAD in Español) an elder came up to us and asked 'Would you like to practicing teaching me?' Crazy!
  • Before all we did was joke around, and now all we do is teach. Everyone corrects our Spanish too, which is really nice, cause it means we know how to fix what we are doing wrong.
  • What else...what else...oh! They came to us last Wednesday morning and informed us that because we had a lot more hermanas coming a few of us had to change rooms...pretty much we had 15 minutes to pack all our stuff and move all the way across the CCM... Was it enjoyable? No... however, I like our room better now because it is a lot quieter and easier to get ready in the morning and go to bed at night... although we do get less interaction with everyone else...oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Not-stop laughing
Yesterday was great! pretty much from 6:30am until 10:30pm Hna Otto and I did not-stop laughing...

I don't really know what started it, all i know is that we laughed at everything! It was probably the best day I've had in the MTC :)


Hna. Cassandra
So on Sunday...heh heh....we were sitting in sacrament meeting and usually one person from every district gives a talk...so when they announced the speakers and I heard that the third speaker was Elder Pierce I relaxed...

When the time came for the first person to get up and speak nobody went up...we were all sitting there for a few minutes and then the announcer guy got this surprised look on his face and gets up and says...'oops... I meant Hermana Pappas' ...

When he announced who was speaking he said "Hna. Cassandra" but because he said it with a heavy accent I didn't know that he was talking about me... I had even thought, that persons last name kind of sounds like my first name!...

P. S. It was my first name!

Anyway, I was shocked and didn't really have time to be nervous...so I just went up and spoke Spanish....

People understood me and that is the best I can hope for at this point :)

That makes it so that I've been in the CCM for a total of 7 weeks and I have spoken in church 4 times... I feel ready for the field! No, but yeah! I am so excited for the field.

Oh Spanish
I still am not great at Spanish, but we teach lessons everyday and I can express most of my feelings with the spirit... and that's the point right?

I can't really express to you all everything I'm learning and how much I'm growing, my letters probably don't show it either...this gospel is the greatest thing ever!

I am so happy that I have the opportunity to share it with people! I really just hope I can share what's in my heart to all of them!

We go contacting again in the park this next week and I'm even more excited!...

Oh! One last thing!

Elder Ballard is coming in two days!!!!!!!! (haha... I can't believe I almost forgot that one!) Yeah! he's coming here! isn't that awesome?!

I'll tell you more about how it went next week :)


Spiritual thought
We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day

and...

Please, this week study Lesson 1 in Preach My Gospel... come up with simple object lessons that I can use!

...and send them to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment