Called to Serve

Hey! I have a new blog, thank you Hernan :)

So this is it! I have been called to serve the people in the El Salvador, San Salvador West/Belize Mission.
I report to the Provo MTC Wednesday, Decebember 1st.

It is so hard for me to express how excited I am for this opportunity. Whe
n people asked me where I thought I was going to be called I didn't know how to answer, anybody who knows me knows I would want to go somewhere new, somewhere foreign, preferably somewhere I would learn a new language. I wanted this so badly that I have spent the last couple months preparing myself to serve somewhere like Minnesota, or Wisconsin. I didn't realize I had actually convinced myself I would stay in the U.S. until I opened my mission call. When I read where I was going I couldn't believe it, I couldn't even breathe. This is exactly where I want to go...I didn't think that happened with mission calls...

Afte
r the initial shock of my call I started to get nervous, as this is someplace completely different than my home. I don't know the language, I don't know the people, and I don't know the culture. However, when I am taken from the life I know now and placed in a life that is not my own, he will guide me, protect me, and help me make El Salvador my home. I know its going to take a lot of faith for me to jump, but as I do, I know he will catch me. In fact, it has already started.

Mari Mitchell, an amazing woman in my home ward from Colombia, has already started to give me Spanish lessons. A few years ago a boy from my homeward served in my mission and is going to show me pictures and answer questions. Also a boy from my sister's ward served in San Salvador West and I will get to talk to him. The Lord has surrounded me with resources and has given me time to truly prepare for my mission.

People say I have a long time to wait, but as the days slip by I am realizing more and more that I have so much to do before I go. I am hoping to read the entire Book of Mormon in English in the next couple months and then start it again and read it side by side with a Spanish copy. I hope to read through Preach my Gospel and have at least an idea of how to organize a study journal. I need to strengthen my testimony and my faith in the Lord and his will. From the moment I step into the field I want to be ready to be an instrument in the hands of God. I pray for the strength and the faith to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Your welcome! You are going to be an AMAZING missionarie, Learn spanish fast so we can start talking about people in spanish... :)

    Te quiero mucho!

    Hernan

    ReplyDelete