Letter 27: "I will not be able to say goodbye" (Chau Sensunapan)

Ataco, El Salvador
August 22, 2011

Out of Sensunapan
Here I am again in Cambios... did I already say time is moving too fast? Well, it does.

This change, I have changes!!!!!!!!!!!! I am moving out from Sensunapan.

The zone leaders called last night to tell us that I am moving on to Ataco and Hna Fuentes is training! I couldn't sleep last night at all... I think I drifted off to sleep at about 1 am and woke up at least three times until I couldn't fall back asleep at 6 am.

Too many different emotions...I am really excited for a change. My life has been stagnant for too long (as stagnant as a missionary's life can be) but at the same time I am soooooooooo sad because Sensunapan is my home.

I love all the people... that and I feel like I am leaving in the middle of an incomplete job. There are so many investigators and friends and ... anyway... I guess that's always how it's going to be every change, right?

I used to think that I didn't have charity for these people, that I only get frustrated and mad at them and don't like them at all... but now that I'm leaving I realize that I really do love these people.

The members, like Obispo Sanches, hna. Torres, Fatima, etc. .. but also the people who really have no interest in us: Hna Ceci, she is our neighbor and we always buy pupusas from her, she is amazing, and the guy who sells fish, the brats who yell 'Hna Pappas! Hna Pappas!' every time we pass by, and all the people that we talk to everyday that are just a part of the life in Sensunapan.

I love them all and I am going to miss them so much. I know that some will not even realize I'm gone, and some will forget my name within days, some withing weeks, few within months, and I will be just one of the missionaries that have passed through the area.

But their impact on me is so great and I love them so much!!! This realization is why I couldn't sleep at all last night. And because hna. Fuentes is training we have to leave tomorrow instead of Wednesday, so I will not be able to say goodbye to most of them...sad day!

We'll see.
However, I also am excited, really excited. I am going from the hottest I am probably going to have to buy a blanket... although I really wonder what 'cold' is here.

Considering it doesn't snow at all anywhere in El Salvador and if there is a slight breeze they say it's chilly. I guess we'll see. ...

I don't know yet who my companion will be. I heard it will probably be Hna. Perez, and if it is I am excited, because she is soooo sweet. And pretty much every sister I have talked to says she is the best!... but I guess we'll have to see on that point too.

Always changing, yet always the same
As far as life in the Sensu, it's always changing and yet always the same. I know it says in Preach My Gospel that even though some of the people you teach will stop investigating the church you shouldn't lose hope. I just never thought so many people would really reject it.

There are so many people willing to listen and so few willing to act.A lthough, this week we did find this one lady who just accepts everything we say as truth and really really wants to visit the temple... OH

Speaking of! ...
We went to the temple this week, on Wednesday. and Hermana Wooten was there!!!! I don't know if you remember her, but she was with me the entire time in the MTC and CCM, we weren't companions, but we were really close, she is in the other mission, but on Wednesday she was working the the open house!!!!

So we got to talk for a while. It was so great to see her and talk with her! ...

Side note: This is what I get for boasting that the temple was in our mission and not hers... she gets to work in the temple and I don't... not that I'm jealous..... .... ...

Anyway, life is moving, all is well...

God is awake.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment